Nothing says “festival season” like a good hair piece – and, a little fringe and glitter, of course.
So, when I spotted this headpiece, I knew I had to have it. It’s so regal and fun, right?
I got mine from a local wig house, but there are so many other options available online.
And, really, any type of headpiece works to play up your festival vibes—whether it’s a tribal head-wrap, turban, cat ears or a fun headband.
3. I wore these cat ears for Mardi Gras and it was amazing. The people loved it.
4. Ah, and, of course … the classic flower crown. Or, this outrageous one. Why not?
5. Some of these mermaid crowns I’ve been seeing are pretty cool. I bet they’re mad heavy, though.
6. A quartz crown is a pretty fresh concert look for 2018 – I like it.
7. Tribal head wraps – can’t ever go wrong with that!
Pair any of these pieces with some flash tattoos and fun makeup, and you’re good to go!
But, PSA: For the love of God, please never do this or any other form of cultural appropriation:
So, anyway, on to the music. I’m going to a show in Denver for my birthday next month. I’m so excited!
But, here are some other shows that I’m scoping out:
1. Wish I could swing ✨ Coachella ✨ 🐝.
2. ✨The Roots Picnic✨ – now, this one may actually happen.
3. Hoping for ✨ Essence Fest ✨ but I have a trip right before so IDK.
4. ✨ Lalapalooza ✨ I haven’t been since ‘06. This one always sells out quickly.
5. ✨ Lou Fest ✨ – I’m from STL, so that’s a no brainer.
6. ✨ Governors Ball ✨ 🤷🏽♀️ Pretty dope lineup and I’ll actually be in NYC around the time it’s going down. Yesss.
7. Always wanted to go to ✨Afro Punk✨.
Do any of these sound good to you?
Let me know what artist you’re going to see during 2018’s festival season.
Photos by Em Soebs Photography: https://www.emsoebsphotography.com